To What Denomination Do We Belong?
This question is often asked. Our reply is: We are undenominational in spirit, attempting to reach all who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity--with a stirring appeal to holiness and love and zeal--in the work and witness of our adorable Master, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father.
HERALD OF HIS COMING is published by GOSPEL REVIVALS, INC, a non-profit religious corporation. From the constitution and by-laws we quote the following:
The objects of the organization, shall be:
- To promote Revivals of Christianity everywhere--in accordance with the pattern and the standards of the Bible, which is the inspired Word of God.
- To call God's people to a holy life, and to urgently exhort them all to live constantly in readiness for the Coming of the Lord--and, by God's grace--watching unto prayer to so live before them--that the example of our own lives, in humility, love, purity, zeal, self-denial, faithfulness, and devotion from the heart to God the Father, and to His Son, Jesus Christ, through the power of the Holy Spirit--may be an inspiration and a help to all who are determined to be ready for the coming of the Lord--asking God, for Jesus' sake, to help us not to be a stumbling block to anyone.
- To encourage charity among and toward all who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity (Eph. 6:24).
- To hold up the standard of God's Word for Christian Living.
- To specifically encourage all Christians, regardless of what experiences they may have had, to yet--as Paul so strongly admonishes in Philippians 3:8-17--PRESS ON--for the salvation of the lost, for the preparation of God's people for the Coming of the Lord, and for the fulfilling of God's will in the lives of all, "occupying"--keeping busy in God's will and in God's service--till Jesus comes! (Luke 19:13).
Being undenominational, we seek to minister to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity (Eph. 6:24), and to love all who love Him (John 15:12; 1 John 4:20-21).
"By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples, if ye have love one to another" (John 13:35).
We hold to the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, as the inspired word of God. We believe in the New Birth, and that Salvation is a free gift of God through Jesus Christ to all who will repent, and believe the Gospel (Mark 1:15; John 3:16).
We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus, the only begotten Son of God (Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-35; Luke 2:1-7; John 1:14; John 3:16; Acts 13:16-41; 1 John 4:1-15).
We believe that God eternally exists in three Persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit - and that these three are one God, having the same nature, attributes, and perfections, and worthy of the same worship, reverence and obedience.
We believe that, while we were yet sinners, Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the Cross, and died, that we might have life, and have it more abundantly (Rom. 5:8; John 10:10). We believe that Jesus rose again from the dead (1 Thes. 4:14; Luke 24:1-8; Acts 10:34-41; Luke 24:33-46).
We believe that Jesus, some days after His resurrection from the dead, ascended to God in heaven (Acts1:1-10; Eph. 1:15-23). We believe in the personal return of Jesus with power and great glory (Luke 21:27), and that His return is an event for saved people to look forward to with great expectation and with constant watchfulness and prayer (Luke 21:34-36; 1 John 3:2-3). We believe that this same Jesus, which was taken up from the apostles into heaven, shall so come in like manner as they saw Him go into heaven (Acts 1:1-11).
We believe it is the privilege and duty of every Christian--to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and to live a holy life, and to be always ready for the return of Jesus, and that, in the meantime, each Christian should "Occupy" (keep busy in His will, and in His service) till the Lord's return (John 7:37-39; Acts 1:8; Eph. 5:18; Matt. 24:44; Luke 19:13; Titus 2:11-15; 1 Peter 1:13-19).