DEAF MISSIONS STARTS PRODUCTION FOR ASL JESUS MOVIE
Deaf Missions is collaborating with Jesus Film to produce the Jesus Movie. A pilot scene is completed which is the first step in producing a movie which offers the Deaf community the chance to encounter Jesus through their heart-language.
Chad Entinger with Deaf Missions signs, “The heart-language is related to a person’s identity. For a person to see something in their heart-language, that really will capture their heart, and they’ll feel, ‘Oh my goodness, they’re actually communicating to me. This is my language.’ …We really believe that God can and will use the movie in sign-language to reach Deaf people.”
Production is set to take at least three years, possibly four years.
According to Entinger the Jesus Movie has many ties to Bible translation, especially Bible translation for sign languages. There are still entire countries that have not had the opportunity to start Bible translations for their local sign languages. Entinger hopes the Jesus Movie will help connect people and give them a launching point for their translation efforts, too.
“Pray for people who will come and be involved with the production. It’s a really big project. And it’s going to require creativity, a lot of time, a lot of energy, to make this successful,” Entinger signs.
Pray for the project’s funding, too. Ask God to meet the needs of this project. Finally, pray for God to use this project to reveal Himself to the Deaf community on a larger scale, and to equip others in translation work.
– mnnonline.org, Information by permission of Mission Network News.
COMMUNIST LAOS MAKES EVANGELISM DIFFICULT
The communist Lao government in 2016 passed a religion bill known as Decree 315, which aims to cripple efforts to spread the Gospel, as it requires prior permission to carry out religious activity beyond a religious group’s building.
According to Christian Aid Mission, the decree empowers Ministry of Home Affairs (MOHA) to stop religious activities – or even beliefs – that differ from “policies, traditional customs, laws, or regulations,” and may stop any religious activity “threatening national stability, peace, and social order…or affecting national solidarity or unity between tribes and religions.”
As a result, native missionaries doing evangelism outreach to neighboring villages are delayed or denied. One church leader reported that MOHA officials required him to submit travel plans in advance for permission that could take as long as 20 days to process.
“Missionaries have expressed their complaints about the difficulty [caused by] the new Decree 315 law, which restricts the rights of Christian activities,” the director of a native ministry said. “They cannot just go to visit another village freely as they did before. They must get a paper of approval from the local authorities and state the purpose of the visitation, what reason, and who is going.”
In addition, Christian groups cited problems registering and constructing churches and obtaining permission to travel within the country.
According to U.S. State Department’s 2018 International Religious Freedom Report, “Religious groups must submit annual plans of all activities, including routine events, in advance for local authorities to review and approve.” The report adds that “The decree states nearly all aspects of religious practice – such as congregating, holding religious services, travel for religious officials, building houses of worship, modifying existing structures, and establishing new congregations in villages where none existed – require permission from a provincial, district-level, and/or central MOHA office.”
In spite of these challenges, native missionaries continue to set foot in places where the Gospel has not been heard.
Pray for the Gospel to continue to spread in Laos despite efforts by the government to hinder it. Pray for the Lord’s protection over the native missionaries and other believers, and for His favor and provision for the gospel work they are doing.
UPHEAVAL IN IRAN – HOW TO PRAY
Voice of the Martyrs gives the following report concerning events that occurred in Iran this past November: “The Iranian government suddenly raised gas prices and imposed gas rations on its citizens. Iranians were already suffering under runaway inflation, and the increase in gas prices pushed many over the edge. Iranians took to the streets in more than 100 cities, protesting the government’s decisions and demanding change.
“In The Islamic Republic of Iran, the government is Islam. The mullahs who run the country say they are doing so according to perfect Islamic principles, so many of those expressing outrage at their government are also rejecting Islam and seeking something better.
“Amid protests and violence that has cost thousands of lives, our Christian contacts in Iran ask us to pray.”
VOM gives the following four specific ways you can pray for the church in Iran right now:
Pray for Christians and all Iranians affected by the economic downturn. Pray for churches and Christian ministries that are seeing expenses skyrocket.
Pray for the wisdom and discernment of church leaders amid the upheaval. They are praying that God will give them strategies to use the current unrest to advance His kingdom.
Pray that Iranians seeking peace will meet the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ. Pray for outreach ministries inside the country as well as broadcasting and internet ministries reaching into Iran from outside.
Ministry work is very dangerous right now because of heightened alertness from police, religious authorities and others. Pray for the safety and protection of Christian workers.
PRAYER FOR U.S. GOVERNMENT LEADERS
“I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority...” (1 Tim. 2:1-2).
In the Intercessory Guide “Upholding Our Leaders,” Intercessors for America (IFApray.org) calls for prayer in the following areas as we pray for the leaders of the three branches of the U.S. government:
• Pray for government leaders to recognize their own inadequacy and seek the will of God (Prov. 3:5-8).
• Pray that they would fear God and that God would be glorified through their actions (Prov. 9:10).
• Pray that the idols of Washington, D.C. would be struck down, and only God would be honored (Isa. 42:8-9).
• Pray for God’s will to be done in our nation, and that our leaders would honor biblical values in their rulings, laws, and decisions (Matt. 6:10).
• Pray for God’s glory and presence to affect Washington, D.C. and our government in greater measure, that light will displace the darkness (Isa. 60:1-2).
“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man” (Eccl. 12:13).
PRAY FOR ISRAEL
The following prayers by Derek Prince are helpful in praying for Israel:
• Father God, remove the veil You have sovereignly placed over the eyes of Israel, that they would recognize Jesus as their Messiah (2 Cor. 3:14).
• Lord, show Your mercy and favor to Israel in this set time (Psa. 102:13).
• We pray for the current leaders in Israel, including the prime minister, the mayor of Jerusalem, and all those in military service. Raise up government leaders in Israel (and worldwide) who will not seek to “divide the land,” and who would recognize the unique significance of Jerusalem in God’s end-time purposes.
• He who scattered Israel will gather him, and will keep him as a shepherd keeps his flock (Jer. 31:10). Father, continue to draw the Jewish people to You according to Your sovereign plan.
• Show Your lovingkindness to Your people Israel and keep them as the apple of Your eye. Hide them under the shadow of Your wings, from the wicked who oppress them, from their deadly enemies who surround them (Psa. 17:7-9).
• Give Israel a new heart, and put a new spirit within her. Remove her heart of stone and give her a heart of flesh that can respond to the Holy Spirit, and cause her to walk in Your statutes, keep Your commandments and do them (Ezek. 36:23-27).
• We pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psa. 122:6).
• We pray for the body of Messiah in Israel to become a praying, maturing body. We pray that this body would allow the love and compassion of Yeshua to flow through them and touch everyone they encounter.
• Raise up intercessors for Israel. Put more watchmen on the wall of Jerusalem who would give You no peace day or night until You establish Jerusalem and make her the praise of the earth (Isa. 62:6-7).
• Father, bring glory to Your name through the mercy You show to the land. Bring the necessary seasonal rain upon the country.
• We pray that, in the midst of the pressures, the people of Israel will turn to You, God. We pray that You will hear the heart cries of people in this land and have mercy. As it says in Isaiah 30:19, “...You shall weep no more. He will be very gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it, He will answer you.”
• We pray that the Palestinian Arabs will come to faith in Christ and embrace God’s end-time purpose for Israel; send forth laborers to bring in the appointed harvest from the whole of the Middle East.
• May Israel’s relationship with the United States be strong, and may our nation recognize and support God’s purposes for Israel.