Practical Ways To Encourage Children To Pray
By Kim Butts
• Be a good example and role model of a praying person.
• Read Psalms and sing praise songs together. Pray the words back to the Lord as your highest praise to Him.
• Help children to be aware of God’s blessings and answered prayer.
• Give your children opportunity to pray for you and your needs. Ask how you can be praying for them as well.
• Pray with your children about school, teachers, friends, and other issues that concern them.
• Get involved in prayer events together such as Praying Through the Window, National Day of Prayer, etc.
• Pray over family decisions together.
• Make a Family Prayer Notebook. Include pictures of family members, friends, missionaries, pastors, and others you are praying for together. Make sure to have a section for aACnswered prayers!
• Adopt a people group as a family. Learn as much as you can about them and pray for the church to be planted in their midst. Pray for the children and their families to come to Christ.
• Pray for your nation and its leaders.