Revival A "Must" – Why?
By W. C. Moore
1. Revival is in God’s heart. "Wilt Thou not revive us again: that Thy people may rejoice in Thee?" (Psa. 85:6). It is up to each and every one of us who are born again children of God to pray through for the accomplishment of the thing God wants done.
"...I will yet for this be inquired of…to do it..." (Ezek. 36:37).
"Ask ye of the Lord rain in the time of the latter rain; so the Lord shall make bright clouds, and give them showers of rain, to every one grass in the field" (Zech. 10:1).
2. Revival is the only answer to the present crisis in the Church and in the world.
3. Revival is possible. "...With God all things are possible" (Matt. 19:26). Therefore, we are responsible before God to have revival.
4. We have the light on our need and the world’s need – the need for a mighty, sin-convicting, Holy Ghost revival, and Jesus says, "Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you" (John 12:35).
5. It takes prayer, earnest, believing, persistent prayer – to get revival fires burning. "As soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children" (Isa. 66:8).
6. It is the Church, the saved people, who must travail in prayer till revival comes, and children are being born again into the kingdom of God. Each saved person has an individual responsibility to travail for revival! A woman in travail has no time for even the ordinary courtesies, or idle conversation, etc. Her whole strength is given to the task of travailing a child to birth.
7. So, by God’s grace, will you – will I – now set our faces, as did Daniel (Dan. 9:2-27), and pray and believe and hold on in travailing prayer until revival fires burn, and burn brightly, till conviction comes on sin, till a real Holy Ghost revival is on, and God’s people are rejoicing in the Lord?
Then sinners will be attracted, souls will be saved! "Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation; and uphold me with Thy free Spirit. Then will I teach transgressors Thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto Thee" (Psa. 51:12-13).
The responsibility is yours – it is mine – that we have a Holy Ghost revival!