Helps To A Closer Relationship With God
1. Set aside a few minutes every day when you do not say anything. Simply practice thinking about God. This will make your mind spiritually receptive.
2. Pray orally, using simple, natural words, telling God the things on your mind.
3. Pray as you go about the business of the day. Utilize minute prayers by closing your eyes to shut out the world and concentrate briefly on God’s presence. The more you do this every day, the nearer you will feel God’s presence.
4. Do not always ask when you pray, but instead affirm that God’s blessings are being given. Spend many of your prayers giving thanks.
5. Pray with the belief that sincere prayers can reach out and surround your loved ones with God’s love and protection.
6. Use positive thoughts in prayer to get results, not negative thoughts.
7. Always express willingness to accept God’s will. Ask for what you want, but be willing to take what God gives you. It may be better than what you asked for.
8. Practice the attitude of putting everything in God’s hands. Ask for the ability to do your best and to leave the results confidently to God.
9. Pray for people you do not like or who have mistreated you. Resentment is blockade number one of spiritual power.
10. Make a list of people for whom to pray. The more you pray for other people, especially those not connected with you, the more prayer will come back to you.