Jonathan Goforth’s Seven Rules For Daily Living
Written on the flyleaf of his Bible
1. Seek to give much – expect nothing.
2. Put the very best construction on the actions of others.
3. Never let a day pass without at least a quarter of an hour spent in the study of the Bible.
4. Never omit daily morning and evening private prayer and devotions.
5. In all things seek to know God’s will, and when known, obey at any cost.
6. Seek to cultivate a quiet, prayerful spirit.
7. Seek each day to do or say something to further Christianity among those who do not know God.