Seven Major Prayer Focuses
Here are the seven major prayer focuses of America Prays:
– Pray for Unbelievers to Be Saved. Pray that people’s hearts will be opened to repent of their sins and confess Jesus as Savior. Pray that every person in the world will be able to hear the Gospel and the Word of God in their native language (Matt. 9:37-38; 24:14; 2 Pet. 3:9; Acts 26:18; Rom. 10:1;).
– Pray for a National Spiritual Awakening. Pray that Jesus will revive the church and awaken our nation to His greatness and supremacy. Pray that God will pour out His Spirit on America, forgive our sin, and heal our land. Pray that millions of Americans will be convicted by the Holy Spirit, repent of their sins, and turn to God with all their hearts (2 Chr. 7:14; Dan. 9:18-19; Psa. 85:6; Hab. 3:2; Acts 2:37-41).
– Pray for Unity between Pastors and Churches. Pray that denominational, theological, and ethnic walls will come down so that pastors will love each other, pray together, and serve each other (John 17:20-23; Psa. 133:1; Eph. 4:3-6).
– Pray for Families. Pray that Jesus will heal, restore, and strengthen every marriage and family. Pray that husbands will love their wives like Christ loves the church and that wives will respect and submit to their husbands. Pray that the hearts of parents will be turned toward their children to love them and raise them in a God-honoring way. Pray that children will respect and obey their parents (Gen. 2:24; Josh. 24:15; Psa. 127:3-5; Mal. 4:6; Eph. 5:22-33; 6:1-4).
– Pray for Racial Reconciliation. Pray that God will heal our nation of racism and that God will use the church to stand against racial conflict, violence, and prejudice. The church must lead the way in racial reconciliation by modeling love and respect for every person regardless of the color of their skin or their ethnic background (Rom. 10:12-13; Gal. 3:28; Acts 10:28, 34-35; John 7:24; 1 John 2:9; Jas. 2:9; Rev. 7:9).
– Pray for Life to Be Valued and Protected through All Stages of Life, Beginning at Conception. Pray for God to break the culture of death in America and restore a culture of life. Pray for legalized abortion to come to an end (Psa. 139:13-16; Jer. 1:5; Prov. 24:11; Deut. 21:8-9).
– Pray for Local and National Government Leaders. Pray that God will give them wisdom to make wise decisions and to govern with integrity, justice, and mercy (Mic. 6:8; 1 Tim. 2:1-2; Rom. 13:1; 1 Pet. 2:17; Titus 3:1-2).
– Taken from City of Prayer. Used by permission of PrayerShop Publishing.