Praying The Word Of God
By Rich Carmicheal
A vital key to the Lord’s blessing upon Herald of His Coming through the years has been, and continues to be, the intercession of Herald friends. The staff realizes that one very effective way to pray is to pray the Lord’s Word back to Him, and so we encourage you to unite with us in prayers based out of Isaiah 55:
“Ho! Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and let your soul delight itself in abundance. Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live…” (vv. 1-3).
• Thank the Lord that He invites everyone who is spiritually thirsty to experience abundant life in Him, and that He offers this life freely and generously.
• Thank Him for all of the financial supporters of Herald of His Coming who reflect His generous heart and give so that His message can be shared freely with others through this ministry.
• Pray that He will continue to use Herald of His Coming as one of His instruments to share spiritual nourishment with others.
• Thank Him that He calls us to Himself, and that He satisfies the deepest longings of our soul.
• Pray that He will work through the Herald ministry to draw many people unto Himself.
“...And I will make an everlasting covenant with you – the sure mercies of David. Indeed I have given him as a witness to the people, a leader and commander for the people. Surely you shall call a nation you do not know, and nations who do not know you shall run to you, because of the Lord your God, and the Holy One of Israel; for He has glorified you” (vv. 3-5).
• Thank the Lord for His faithfulness to the Jews and for extending His grace to Gentiles.
• Pray that He will continue to work through the Herald and Herald salvation literature.
• Pray for His blessing upon the Herald International editions.
“Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, and He will have mercy on him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon. ‘For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,’ says the Lord. ‘For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts’” (vv. 6-9).
• Praise the Lord for His righteousness and holiness, and for His thoughts and ways which are far above our thoughts and ways.
• Thank Him that He is willing and eager to extend mercy and pardon to those who turn to Him.
• Pray that Herald messages will exalt the Lord and be full of spiritual passion and conviction.
“For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it” (vv. 10-11).
• Praise the Lord for His physical and spiritual provision.
• Praise Him for His powerful Word that accomplishes His purposes.
• Pray for His powerful anointing so that Herald messages will deeply impact readers’ lives.
“For you shall go out with joy, and be led out with peace; the mountains and the hills shall break forth into singing before you, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree; and it shall be to the Lord for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off” (vv. 12-13).
• Praise the Lord that He is a God of life who has power to restore, renew and revive.
• Pray that He will use the Herald ministry to help bring spiritual transformation and revival.
• Pray that He will use this ministry to bring much glory throughout the earth to His name.