Praying Through The 10/40 Window
The 10/40 Window is a vast rectangular section of the globe stretching from 10 degrees south to 40 degrees north of the equator. It encompasses 69 nations across northern Africa, the Middle East, and most of Asia. The 10/40 Window is called “The Resistance Belt” because of its stubborn opposition to the Gospel of Christ. It is our hope that with sustained, strategic prayer, however, this region will be transformed into “the righteousness belt.”
Important Facts About the 10/40 Window
•The 10/40 Window is the birthplace of the world’s major religions, as well as home to the majority of Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists.
• Nearly 4.3 billion people live in the 10/40 Window (approximately 66 percent of the world’s population).
• Most of those living in the 10/40 Window remain unevangelized (they have not heard the Gospel in a culturally appropriate manner, or they have not had an opportunity to respond to the Gospel).
• Over 85 percent of people living in the 10/40 Window are unreached.
• The 10/40 Window contains the majority of the world’s poorest of the poor (eight out of ten).
• A majority of the world’s terrorists organizations are based in the 10/40 Window.
• According to the 2019 Open Doors World Watch List, 45 of the 50 worst persecutors of Christians are located in the 10/40 Window.
This information is not mere coincidence. The kingdom of God has not fully penetrated this area. It is an entrenched satanic stronghold. Billions of people in the 10/40 Window are currently held captive by rulers with demonic influences. Spiritual forces of evil are ushering these individuals toward a future of eternal separation from the presence of the Lord (2 Thes. 1:9).
Prayer is the essential fuel for evangelism, discipleship and church planting. Without it, our efforts to reach the unreached billions in the 10/40 Window will fail.
Pray for a mighty move of God’s Spirit and a great harvest of souls in the 10/40 Window. Pray for Christians in the 10/40 Window to stand firm and continue to pray in the Spirit on all occasions. Pray for God to protect them and empower them to be bold witnesses for Jesus Christ.
Pray for God to bring comfort and hope to those who have been victims of terrorism, corruption, lawlessness, and human trafficking. Pray for groups and leaders responsible for acts of destruction to be quickly brought to justice and for their eyes to be opened to the truth of Jesus Christ.
Pray for Christians around the world to awaken to the need to devote themselves to pray for the lost, unreached people groups, leaders, governments and our Brothers and Sisters in the 10/40 Window.
Below are printed prayer points focused on the topics of persecution, corruption, lawlessness, terrorism, world religions and human trafficking to expand our prayers and help us unite in effective praying for this desperately needy area of the world, that millions might hear the Gospel and put their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
• Pray against principalities, powers, rulers of the darkness and spiritual hosts of wickedness, using fear to manipulate people and governments. (Eph. 6:12)
• Pray for Jehovah Gibbor – the Lord mighty in battle – to arise and scatter His enemies. Pray for terrorist organizations to lose members, funding and be soundly defeated. (Ex. 15:3; Psa. 24:8; 68:1)
• Pray for the blinded eyes of terrorists to be opened to see the light of the Gospel. Pray for key members of terrorist organizations to put their faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. (1 Tim. 2:1-4)
• Pray for the Lord to overturn the plans of terrorists, confounding them and putting them to shame. Ask the Lord to set them in slippery places, cast them down to destruction, and utterly consume them with terrors. Pray they will repent and give their lives to Christ. (Psa. 83:17; 73:18-19)
• Pray for governments to take action against terrorism. Pray for partnerships and collaboration between nations, and for the Lord to give leaders wisdom and new strategies for fighting and defeating terrorism. (Prov. 16:12; 20:26)
• Pray for the Lord to draw those who have been blinded and deceived by false religions into relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. (John 6:44)
• Pray for the Lord to rescue Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists (and all who follow false gods and idols) from the dominion of darkness and bring them into the kingdom of the Son of God. (Col. 1:13)
• Pray for the Gospel to be preached throughout the Window and for followers of other religions to call on the name of Jesus Christ to be saved. (Rom. 10:13-15)
• Pray for lost people who are precious to God to have their understanding enlightened. Pray that deception is removed and the people are no longer alienated from God. (Eph. 4:18)
• Pray for the Lord to make His salvation known and reveal His righteousness to the nations. Ask Him to drive out manipulation, deception, greed and the lust for power and money. (Psa. 24:4-5)
• Pray against evil spirits that tempt leaders to abuse power, engage in bribery, blackmail, and misappropriate funds for their own personal gain. (John 10:10)
• Pray for the poor and oppressed who are in distress because of corrupt governments. (Psa. 74:21)
• Pray for the Holy Spirit to convict the hearts of those in leadership in the 10/40 Window nations. Pray for godly sorrow and repentance. (2 Cor. 7:10)
• Pray for the kingdom of God to come with such power that people groups, cities and entire nations will be transformed. (1 Cor. 4:20)
• Pray for God to release His warring angels to overthrow the spirit of lawlessness at work in the 10/40 Window nations. (Matt. 5:17-19)
• Pray for the restoration of order and peace in nations where chaos has been allowed to reign. (Psa. 34:14)
• Pray for God to arise and defend those who have been victimized by anarchy and riotous violence. (Psa. 72:13)
• Pray for the Prince of Peace to intervene, bringing His rule to regions that have been devastated by Satan and his cohorts. (Isa. 9:6; Psa. 148:13)
• Pray that God’s law will be made known throughout the earth, leading the lawless to Christ. (Gal. 3:24)
• Pray for the Lord of Peace to make His peace known in the 10/40 Window in every way. (2 Thes. 3:16)
• Pray for the Lord to be a refuge for those who are suffering for their faith in Jesus Christ. Ask the Lord to guard them with His angels. (Psa. 91:9-11)
• Pray for Christians who are being persecuted to know the comfort of the Lord. Pray for the peace of God that surpasses understanding to guard their hearts and minds. (2 Cor. 1:3-5; Phil. 4:6-7)
• Pray for Christians to forgive those who are oppressing them. Ask the Lord to soften the hearts of all who are in violent opposition to the church. Pray for them to have an encounter with God like the Apostle Paul did on the road to Damascus. (Matt. 5:44; Acts 9:1-9)
• Pray for governments to uphold the rights of Christians. Pray for the protection of leaders from extremists who desire to do them emotional and physical harm and cut off their livelihood. (Psa. 140:1-2)
• Pray for the love displayed by those being persecuted to be a powerful witness in their communities and nations. (1 John 4:12)
• Pray for the victims of these crimes to be set free from oppression, abuse and exploitation. Pray for the Lord to heal them physically, emotionally and spiritually. (Isa. 61:1-2)
• Pray for the Lord to be a refuge to modern-day slaves (who are mostly women and children), delivering them from the snare of the devil. (Psa. 91:2-3)
• Pray for governments to fight human trafficking and cooperate with other nations to bring a halt to this illegal and destructive crime against humanity. (Psa. 140:12; Prov. 21:15)
• Pray for the salvation of the perpetrators of modern-day slavery. Ask the Holy Spirit to convict their hearts and bring them to repentance and a relationship with Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19)
• Pray for the church to take a stand against slavery and human trafficking. Ask the Lord to give Christians His heart for those who are being exploited. Pray for the Lord to raise up anointed and effective ministries to deliver and restore those caught in this trap. (Isa. 58:6)