Are You Longing For Christ’s Appearing?
By Derek Prince
“Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day – and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing” (2 Tim. 4:8).
Here are five marks that distinguish all Christians who are truly longing for Christ’s appearing:
• We will make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy (Heb. 12:14). Knowing that when He appears we shall be like Him, we shall purify ourselves just as He is pure (1 John 3:2-3).
• We will be diligent to complete our earthly task. Each righteous act that we perform constitutes a thread in the fine linen garment in which Christ’s Bride is to be arrayed (Rev. 19:8).
• We will be continually watchful and prayerful that we may have strength to escape all the things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man (Luke 21:36).
• We will look forward to the day of God and speed its coming (2 Pet. 3:12). To this end, we will be committed to proclaiming the Gospel of the kingdom to all nations (Matt. 24:14).
• We will prepare the way of the Lord by comforting the Jewish people, making them ready to receive their Messiah (Isa. 40:1-3; Rom. 11:25-26).